Monday, September 28, 2009

Take a guess

I love the ever changing Google logo (how it reflects seasons, events, tributes, anything and everything really) and I do believe that a brand should always be that engaging lest it gradually fades from its stakeholder’s minds or get reduced to being a blind spot.

Google celebrated its 11th birthday yesterday (September 27, 2009) and little did it come as a surprise that they had a doodle done for it. However, it was very different. Different enough for me to wonder if it was a fake - a different company called Googlle trying to copy google; or had I typed a wrong spelling hence this page. After some research I realized it was their 11th birthday hence 11 or LL in the word ‘google’

To me, stretching your brand that far, hoping people will anyways decode is not always the right way to go.

Continuing that thought - today ( 07/10/09) they have once again come up with something. Like to take a guess?


No comments:

Post a Comment